Bracing and Splinting in Burlington
The human body can be thought of as a complex mechanism with a large number of moving parts. As with any machine, constant high-intensity tasks that we put it through may require additional tuning to facilitate its high performance. Braces come in handy with conditions or injuries by significantly relieving pain and decreasing inflammation associated with musculoskeletal injuries and a number of conditions, including:
- Ligament injuries (ACL, MCL, LCL and PCL imbalances)
- Jumper’s Knee
- Patellofemoral Syndrome
- Wrists sprains
- Lower back pain
Custom braces are designed to provide support, facilitate healing and avoid reinjury to that part of your body that you may have pushed beyond its ability.
Comprehensive Assessment for Bracing and Splinting
At Plainsview Physiotherapy in Burlington we provide a comprehensive assessment to determine which brace will fit your needs and condition(s):
- Custom Knee Braces (support and align the knee; provide stabilization and relieve pressure from the joints; reduce osteoarthritis pain);
- Custom Wrist Braces (restore or improve functioning Custom
- Back Braces (realign, immobilize or support the weakened areas of the spine);
- Custom Shoulder Braces (help with shoulder dislocations, joint instability, and post-operative rehabilitation).
Benefits of Braces
Custom braces are specifically designed to suit the unique needs of each patient, allowing for a perfect fit and greater patient comfort. All custom braces are dispersed and fitted with instructions at our Clinic. When combined with the other forms of treatment, wearing a custom brace proves to be highly effective. At Plainsview Physiotherapy in Burlington, our team of expert physiotherapists will work to offer a comprehensive treatment plan tailored to your specific needs that will show sustainable and long-lasting results.